Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Checked Baggage

Well, Memphis is a great town. I would love to go back one day. Next time I just hope my luggage arrives when I do. So, I arrive in Memphis last Tuesday morning to learn that my suitcase was not on the flight. I report it to the baggage claim office and am told it should arrive on a later flight and will be delivered to my hotel. They give me a file number and an 800 number to check the status. And I do check the status, every couple of hours. By 6pm, I still had no suitcase. The only things I had at this point were my wallet, my DS, and my glasses (this proved to be very fortunate). We go to dinner and then find a store where I can at least buy a shirt for the next day (at this point I still have hope that my suitcase will be delivered). Go back to the hotel and continue to call about my file status. Wake up Wednesday morning - still no suitcase. In fact, my suitcase and I were not reunited until Saturday, after I had been back home approximately 24 hours. I had 1 hour on Wednesday to go buy all the clothing I would need for the rest of the week, and a suitcase to take it all home in. As you may have guessed, I did not check anything for the return flight.

But I did enjoy Memphis...And I played a lot of Mario Kart!

2 comments:

Antek said...

Sorry to hear about the baggage fiasco.. and remember to NEVER use that airline again. And rember toe moral to this story.. always have a DS handy ;-)

Mister Bones said...

You do know you could've just left 4 hours earlier and drove to Memphis, right? You probably would've made it with you luggage and everything.